Date: 3/31/19 9:50 pm
From: Thomas Robben via CTBirds <ctbirds...>
Subject: [CT Birds] Followup to March 9th mini-pelagic
Hi Everyone,

1) If you have noticed ANY large flocks (500 or more) gulls surface-feeding
in LIS Long Island Sound during the month of March (or February), please
let me know (robben99 @ gmail.com). It appears FEW gull congregations have
exceeded one thousand or more during this month of March, unlike some
previous years. Is this correct?

2) Most marine experts are leaning toward Nereid marine worms as the
probable organism we found in our photos and this video on March 9th, in
the flock of 3,000 gulls a mile off Stratford CT (the action picks up
about two minutes into this clip):
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xovi2-FO5eY

3) That March 9th "mini-pelagic" trip in LIS is summarized at this site:
https://sites.google.com/view/lisgullsplanktontrip/home

4) Dr. Dave Hudson and The Maritime Aquarium of Norwalk are hosting the
INTERNATIONAL OCEAN FILM TOUR on April 4, with a panel discussion, which
could be very interesting:
https://www.maritimeaquarium.org/events/event/1328316

Thank you,
Tom Robben