Date: 3/31/19 5:37 am
From: Preston Lust via CTBirds <ctbirds...>
Subject: [CT Birds] Westport Yard Migrants
3/16/19, 6:30-8:30 AM -- Yard, Westport

A combination of southerly winds and warm temperatures yielded good movement earlier in the morning, which was incarnated in a consistent movement of blackbirds and robins – though singly or in small groups, not in massive flocks. Gulls too kept up a steady movement. Juncos continued to sing very actively and feed in the treetops in high numbers. Interesting flyovers consisted of 4 GREAT EGRETS, 4 DOUBLE-CRESTED CORMORANTS, and 1 TREE SWALLOW. Interesting non-flyovers included 2 CHIPPING SPARROWS and 1 PINE WARBLER.
Curiously, I noted what appeared to be an Iceland gull flying over at a very high altitude – though I could not avail myself of a camera in time to get ID photos. Indeed, if herring, ring-billed, and great black-backed migrate over inland locations, there is no reason to suppose white-winged gulls do not.

Preston Lust, Westport