Date: 3/31/19 5:33 am
From: Chris Elphick via CTBirds <ctbirds...>
Subject: [CT Birds] atlas: safe dates and woodcock
Hi everyone,
Given all the recent reports of nesting birds, I wanted to remind people to submit their observations to the CT bird atlas. If you use eBird, add breeding codes within your checklist and share the checklist with ctbirdatlas (note that there is no need to share checklists that do not have breeding codes). If you don't use eBird, then you can use one of the forms on the atlas web site. Full details of all data entry methods can be found here: http://ctbirdatlas.com/Surveys-Data-forms.htm.

Note, that we encourage data submissions from anyone from anywhere in the state - you do not need to have adopted a block, or be in your adopted block, for your data to be useful to the project.

I also just posted a blog post about the use of safe dates, which can be confusing. The post includes the 2018 data for woodcock, and points out the need for everyone to submit their observations of this species over the next few weeks. The blog post is here:
http://ctbirdatlas.org/blog/index.php/2019/03/31/the-trouble-with-safe-dates/

Thanks,Chris

Chris Elphick @ssts
Storrs, CT