Date: 3/14/19 3:05 pm
From: stracey53 via Groups.Io <stracey53=<yahoo.com...>
Subject: [southbaybirds] San Antonio Valley & San Felipe Rd. (Gilroy)
I got up early this morning and headed off up and around through Livermore and down to Del Puerto Canyon Road and on into San Antonio Valley.  I did an up and back from north to south and then north again in the valley.  At the south end I had 2 adult BALD EAGLES fly in to the valley together.  Later while heading north I saw one flying back south, presumably one of the two I had seen earlier.  About mid-valley, I stopped to admire a large flock (~300) of TRICOLORED BLACKBIRDS.  As I pulled off to view them I flushed a group of about a dozen LARK SPARROWS.  Amongst the tricoloreds were 2 BROWN-HEADED COWBIRDS, suprisingly the first ones I have seen in the county this year.  I saw about 8 LEWIS’S WOODPECKERS in various mid-valley locations as well.  On the way out on Del Puerto Canyon Rd., about half way to the county line I found a single BELL’S SPARROW.  I decided to come home via hwy 152 and Gilroy which allowed me to stop at San Felipe Rd., where I found 2 CASSIN’S KINGBIRDS in the traditional spot.  They were on the poles in field on the left between the second and third big eucalyptus trees on the left from the 152/San Felipe Rd junction.
Steve TraceySan Jose