Date: 3/14/19 1:43 pm
From: Ben S <benrmnp...>
Subject: [cobirds] Pine Siskins, House Finch w/ deformed bill shaped-like crossbill (Arapahoe Co.)
Hi all -
Today, I was suprised to hear two Pine Siskins calling in my backyard. One
was in my lilac bush and was in the crabapple tree. This is the first time
Pine Siskins have actually visited my yard, not just flying over.

[image: IMG_8599 - Edited (1).jpg] <about:invalid#zClosurez>

I also took a photo of what I thought was a House Finch. However, it has a
crossed-bill like a Red Crossbill. It could be a House Finch with a
crossbill-shaped or possibly an immature Red Crossbill. Thoughts?

[image: IMG_8600 - Edited.jpg]

Ben Sampson

Centennial, CO