Date: 3/14/19 1:25 pm
From: Kaaren Perry <surfbird1...>
Subject: [slocobirding] Mini fall out - Orange-crowned Warblers, Morro Bay
At 12:30-ish this afternoon a small flock of Orange-crowned Warblers passed through our yard in Morro Bay, pausing only briefly at our bird bath. I counted 9 at one time but I suspect there were more that I missed. They moved on slowly, stopping to feed in a few nearby trees and popping in and out of the tall grasses that have sprung up after the rains. Some appeared much brighter yellow than others and a few were showing a prominent, extensive orange crown. While an Orange-crown is common at this location I don’t recall ever seeing 9 at one time. Migration!

2 Yellow-rumps, a Black Phoebe, 2 Anna’s Hummingbirds and a few Golden-crowned Sparrows were seen at the time.

Kaaren Perry
Morro Bay
http://www.flickr.com/photos/kaarenp/