Date: 3/14/19 1:08 pm
From: Tom Wood <tcwood729...>
Subject: [wisb] Spring birds at Mequon Nature Preserve in Ozaukee County
The trails there are a mess to walk, some parts flowing like streams, other
parts slippery and icy, and some spots muddy, but the birds made the walk
worth it.
When I arrived, several American Robins, Red-winged Blackbirds, and one of
several Killdeer I was to see today greeted me at the parking lot. Up the
hill were Eastern Bluebirds singing as was a single Eastern Meadowlark (I
like it when they sing- makes ID easy!). In the woods I saw (FOY) Common
Grackle and a couple of Sandhill Cranes flew over.
To remind me that it's not entirely over, a single Northern Shrike reminded
me that just a few days ago, winter had a firm grip on the land.
Thomas Wood, Menomonee Falls, Waukesha County

https://www.avg.com