Date: 3/14/19 12:29 pm
From: Christopher Hayward <p_t_nymph...>
Subject: Re: [pen-bird] Mountain Bluebird - Montara Mountain 3/11/2019
Hi All,
Malia and I are doing a jig right now on top of Montara Mountain. Just refound the Mountain Bluebird !!! Excact co-ordinates given by Kent in his post. Incredible find by DOM !
Chris Hayward
PS worth the hike😎
On Mar 11, 2019, at 9:19 PM, Kent Forward via Groups.Io <kforward=<yahoo.com...><mailto:kforward=<yahoo.com...>> wrote:

Good Evening Birders,

I read Dominik's post earlier today about finding a Mountain Bluebird on Montara Mountain and was fortunately able today to be out the door right away on an extended lunch break! After a strenuous 3.3 mile one-way trip up the mountain (I took the North Peak Access Road path from the small Hwy 1/McNee Ranch parking area) I was able to re-find in the area reported, this is at approximately GPS location 37.562677, -122.484140 I observed and photographed it foraging for about 25 minutes (keeping a respectful distance so as not to disturb the bird in any way) then I had to leave to get back to work unfortunately. It was a pleasure to spend time with this lovely bird, and thanks again to Dominik for getting the word out so quickly about his remarkable find!

https://ebird.org/view/checklist/S53725367

Bountiful Birding,
Kent Forward
El Granada