Date: 3/14/19 11:32 am
From: Kelly Jennings <tulsakelly...>
Subject: Re: New Birder welcome
Thanks to Mia Revels at NSUOK and Joe Grzybowski for commenting about work on the GBBC count. Yes, you never know who you might be encouraging to become a birder.

One such person was my late husband Bob Jennings who became Director of Oxley Nature Center in Tulsa for many years. He started college in Kansas City working on an English degree and graduated with a masters in biology thanks to Dr. Dick Myers. Myers believed you learned biology outside rather than inside a classroom! He led students to southern MO caving and birding in Big Bend TX. When Bob graduated, Myers recommended him for a new project the Kansas City Park Dept was starting which became Outdoor Education at their Lakeside Nature Center. We moved to Tulsa in 1978 for Bob to start similar programs at Oxley. So keep teaching those young people —they ARE the future!! whether they teach in a classroom, lead walks at centers or just enjoy/protect the birds and wildlife in their backyards.

Kelly Jennings
9090 N Osage Drive
Sperry OK 74073
<tulsakelly...>