Date: 3/14/19 11:20 am
From: Anthony Metcalf <ametcalf...> [inlandcountybirds] <inlandcountybirds-noreply...>
Subject: [inlandcountybirds] Blue-winged Teal x Northern Shoveler Hybrid San Jacinto WildLife Area, March 13, 2019
Hi all,

Last evening at the SJWA I photographed what appears to be a Blue-winged
Teal x Northern Shoveler hybrid. eBird indicates no Riverside County
records for this hybrid and only a handful for CA.
The bird was associating with Blue-winged Teal at the eastern edge of the
F" ponds near the Walker Ponds parking lot. The roads are closed so hike in
from the SJWA road closure. I have posted this individual in eBird as
a Blue-winged Teal x Northern Shoveler hybrid. Comments welcome:
https://ebird.org/view/checklist/S53811528

Tony Metcalf
CSUSB

--