Date: 3/14/19 10:02 am
From: 'Steve M. Chorvas' <schorvas...> [osbirds] <osbirds...>
Subject: Re: [osbirds] Robins and RWBs
Black-billed Cuckoo is a long-distance migrant, wintering in South
America. Their migration north is triggered by day-length, not weather
conditions in North America. I think it safe to say that a cuckoo in
New York State at this time of the year is beyond extraordinary.

It is early for Least Bittern, so perhaps you were hearing a Mourning
Dove?

Steve

Steve M. Chorvas
Saugerties, NY