Date: 3/14/19 10:00 am
From: <huneked...> [osbirds] <osbirds...>
Subject: [osbirds] Robins and RWBs
Large flocks of RWBs were up at the barn this morning, and many robins were flitting about on the open grassy areas. I saw my first flock of geese yesterday morning when I went to see the eagles, and this morning there have already been more than a dozen flocks passing overhead. Saw the adult red tailed hawk a number of times this morning. They are most liking nest building by now, and should be sitting on eggs by the end of the month.

Oh, there is a black-billed cuckoo calling endlessly in the brush near the creek. I had my field glasses with me, but I could not spot this bird. If I got too close it got quiet, resumed if I was very quiet for a few minutes, but I still couldn't pin point what shrub it was in, and saw no movement. Definitely the black-billed cuckoo, though. The only movement I did see in that brushy area were juncos scurrying about.

Dorian Huneke
Treadwell

Join us on Facebook!