Date: 3/14/19 8:40 am
From: Justin Bosler <justin.bosler...>
Subject: [texbirds] Eastern Whip-poor-will, Common Poorwills - Commons Ford Ranch (Travis Co.)
Texbirds,

Last evening, like clockwork, about one half hour after sunset (8:00 PM
locally), two Common Poorwills and one Eastern Whip-poor-will sounded off
at the waterfall canyon at Commons Ford Ranch Metro Park in Travis County.
Both species fell silent within 10 or so minutes. Timing really is
everything when seeking out nightjars. I will share coordinates of exactly
where I was standing to listen which is about 100 meters or so from where
the whip sounded off. More or less I was on the Waterfall Trail trailhead
close to the forest-prairie interface.

30.337244, -97.892622

Good birding,
Justin Bosler