Date: 3/14/19 8:09 am
Subject: Re: Eastern whip-poor-will in Halifax County, NC
Thanks for the report. Also had one calling in Fants Grove WMA near
Clemson, SC this morning (Upstate SC at about 700'). This is anywhere from
1-2 weeks earlier than the arrival dates here over the past few years.

Kevin Kubach
Clemson/Greenville, SC

On Thu, Mar 14, 2019 at 8:01 AM "J. Merrill Lynch" <carolinabirds...>
wrote:

> Birders, had my first-of-season whip this morning. Only called a dozen
> times or so but good enough! I think this is my earliest record by almost
> 2 weeks for this site—usually get them around 28-30 March.
>
> By the way, I’ve recorded whips here (as breeding residents) annually
> since 1963! The exact location is Norman Road about 2 miles SW of
> Ringwood, Halifax County, NC. 200’ elevation on the Fall Zone
> (Piedmont/Coastal Plain).
>
> Merrill Lynch
> Echo Valley Farm
> Watauga County, NC