Date: 3/14/19 7:57 am
From: Wentzel, Douglas <djw105...>
Subject: Re: Downtown Peregrine monitoring
Hi all,

Congratulations on the team effort to monitor the peregrines and Jen’s leadership in working with Art McMorris (Peregrine Falcon Coordinator, PA Game Commission). Once it is established (fingers crossed) that the peregrines are nesting, Art advises that we allow the PGC biologists to contact the Hyatt and "discuss the situation and relevant regulations and practices with Hyatt management…”

So keep the observations coming, and do your best to informs others what you are looking at in downtown State College.
best,
Doug

On Mar 14, 2019, at 9:38 AM, Lee, Jen <jal21...><mailto:<jal21...>> wrote:

This morning 7:45am I watched the 2nd yr bird first on roof of Hyatt east side, then it circled over east side a few times then landed on SE corner penthouse balcony railing. facing into bldg it was monitoring something on the floor of the balcony. eventually it dropped in and was plucking at a food item.
Makes me wonder – when did this food item get there? I’m going to try to get there earlier over the weekend in the hopes of witnessing prey hunting.

Jen Lee

Doug Wentzel
Program Director & Naturalist

Shaver's Creek Environmental Center