Date: 3/14/19 7:54 am
From: Crystal Keller <crystal...>
Subject: [birders] FOY Killdeer
FOY Killdeer yesterday afternoon in west parking lot at Matthaei BG.
Crystal Keller

On Mar 14, 2019, at 9:11 AM, 'Melissa Pappas' via Birders <birders...> wrote:
Heard the FOTS Killdeer at Willow Run yesterday afternoon quickly followed by a second.
I, then, heard the first one this spring out at the barn in Ann Arbor.
Can it really be that spring is on the horizon?
Melissa Pappas
Hamburg Township, Livingston County, MI

On Mar 13, 2019, at 5:11 PM, Fred Kaluza <fkaluza...> wrote:
I heard one last night Faye around midnight from up in the sky close here to the house. Not thinking Killdeer are perching birds, I can only assume it was passing through or maybe circling the area. It was great to hear.
Fred Kaluza N8EJR

On Wed, Mar 13, 2019 at 4:07 PM -0400, "Faye Stoner" <faye.stoner...> <mailto:<faye.stoner...>> wrote:
Heard my first killdeer this morning as I was feeding the birds just at sunrise. Heard it twice. Heard it just now too and it reminded me about this morning.
(North of Dexter, lots of open fields all around.)
And had a grackle at our feeder yesterday. First ones of each bird for me this year. So glad to see and hear them. It really does make my heart stir.
Faye

Birders is a service of the Great Lakes Commission. Visit us at www.glc.org
To view this discussion on the web visit https://groups.google.com/a/great-lakes.net/d/msgid/birders/<4028FF2E-5D3A-40B9-9215-403C7AC21975...>