Date: 3/14/19 6:48 am
From: p c <pcollinsca48...>
Subject: [AZNMbirds] SEAZ: Tubac Hawk Watch 3/13/19
Season 7 Episode 13: Somewhere over the Rainbow

Ron Morriss Park, Tubac AZ March 13, 2019
8:30 am - 12:00 noon

Heading out of Vail, there was a wide, crisp rainbow rising over Elephant Head and ending near Tubac. I searched
the Tubac end but alas, no pot of Black Hawks.

A few White-tailed Kite and Peregrine flybys was all we could must beyond the usual locals.

With 24 Black Hawks this month we are over 200 behind last year. Are they backed up behind the storm in Mexico?
Did they sneak by high over the clouds? Will we go from the best year ever to the worst? Can a deluge of Black Hawks
turn around the drought like a late August Monsoon?

The next week or so will tell the tale. Those in Tubac will be the first to know

Peter Collins
Vail, AZ