Date: 3/11/19 7:09 pm
From: Richard Bradus via Groups.Io <grizzledjay=<yahoo.com...>
Subject: Re: [SFBirds] Western Kingbird at Fort Mason
Also seems early to me - on a walkabout around 1pm I noted three Violet-green Swallows (FOS) around the NE corner of Alta Plaza Park. Looked like a possible pair and a rival, and they were repeatedly exploring the roof cornices of the houses and apartment buildings along Steiner St., apparently searching for possible nest sites rather than gleaning for insects.

Is it the switch to Daylight Savings Time?, or maybe the return of the sun has prompted the early migration.

Richard Bradus
San Francisco

On Monday, March 11, 2019, 9:39:32 AM PDT, David Assmann via Groups.Io <david_assmann=<yahoo.com...> wrote:

Early - my earliest previous sighting was on March 16th.

-=-=-
Group Owner: SFBirds+<owner...>

Join us on Facebook!