Date: 2/11/19 3:33 am
From: Colleen Lord via CTBirds <ctbirds...>
Subject: Re: [CT Birds] 11 RTHA - Orange to Westport Merritt, Feb 10, 2019
We play the Red-tailed Tally game on our way to skiing along 91 all the time. Yesterday we had a dozen between Hamden and Hartford before we just stopped counting. Besides the regular road sentinels, this included 2 ‘interacting’ in flight only about 20 feet right over us and the center of the highway. We usually get 7-8 all the way up to VT so it was a good day. Also a bonus Bald Eagle in a tree by the school on West River side of Ella Grasso Blvd, assuming it’s one of the Evergreen parents. One of my favorite parts of winter is how easy it is to spot hawks in the leafless trees while simply driving around normally. That and all the Goldeneyes and other beauties off our pier every morning. Love our four seasons!
Colleen
Savin Rock

Sent from my iPhone