Date: 2/10/19 10:18 pm
From: William Pelletier via Groups.Io <wrpelletier=<yahoo.com...>
Subject: [southbaybirds] SCVAS field trip to Alum Rock Sun 2/10/19
Folks,
We awoke this morning (Sun 2/10) to heavy snows falling on Mt. Hamilton. As we drove down the hill, snow gave way to pelting rains. However, once we got to Alum Rock the rains were getting lighter and then the skies cleared for 15 intrepid birders to investigate the birds of the east side. We ended up with 52 species including a few highlights, as follows:    Red-breasted Sapsucker
    Sharp-shinned Hawk
    Red-shouldered Hawk    Rufous/Allen's Hummingbird    Rufous-crowned Sparrow    Fox Sparrow
    Belted Kingfisher
    Western Meadowlark
    Great Horned Owl
The group was a diverse collection of experienced birders who enjoyed sharing tips and learning from each other. Frank had some great spots, including the Great Horned Owl. You can find detailed lists and pictures on eBird at:eBird Checklist – Alum Rock Park, Santa Clara County, California, US – Sun Feb 10, 2019 – 29 species

| |
eBird Checklist – Alum Rock Park, Santa Clara County, California, US – S...

eBird Checklist – Alum Rock Park, Santa Clara County, California, US – Sun Feb 10, 2019 – 10 species

| |
eBird Checklist – Alum Rock Park, Santa Clara County, California, US – S...

eBird Checklist – Alum Rock Park, Santa Clara County, California, US – Sun Feb 10, 2019 – 42 species (+1 other taxa)

| |
eBird Checklist – Alum Rock Park, Santa Clara County, California, US – S...

Another successful SCVAS field trip!Please let me know if you have questions, corrections or comments.
Thanks,Bill <Pelletierwrpelletier...>
p.s. We kept at it after lunch, following the creek (Penitencia) that flows out of Alum Rock. We bagged Chipping Sparrows, Long-billed Dowitchers, Least Sandpipers and a surprise White-throated Sparrow to name a few.