Date: 2/10/19 8:19 pm
From: Nick Lethaby <nlethaby...>
Subject: [sbcobirding] n. County
All,

My original plan was to spend some time birding the trail towards Pt Sal
for raptors. But I arrived to find the parks service had closed the trail
and fenced it off. It seems like N. County parks are conspiring against me.
Fortunately, the SMRE was open. I had 37 White Pelicans at the mouth and
the gull flock here had 22 Herring and an adult Thayer's. The flooded
fields by the entrance road had a lot of ducks included a Wood Duck and 2
BW Teals. At the flooded field along Black Rd, I saw the crane and more
gulls.

I then checked out Ocean Park. The gull flock here was pretty small but had
13 Herring Gulls and an adult Black-legged Kittiwake. There are still
plenty of Eared Grebes and a Horned Grebe and Pelagic Cormorant are still
present. A cursory check of Sudden Rd failed to turn up any raptors of
interest.

--
Nick Lethaby
Goleta, CA