Date: 2/10/19 8:04 pm
From: Liz Thorstenson <lizzylee...> [arlingtonbirds] <arlingtonbirds-noreply...>
Subject: [Arlington Birds] Dead Great Blue Heron
Hi all,

I was so sad to come across a dead great blue heron while walking along the Alewife this late afternoon. It had to have happened recently since it is largely in tact and its feathers still look lovely. The bird is in the recently clear cut area on the right just after the wooden boardwalk from Broadway ends and it turns into dirt for awhile. Normally this area is chocked with knotweed but some entity is clearing it. Maybe the gas company.
Anyway, I have a few pictures if anyone is interested.
I consider the herons my closest bird friends along the Brook and this really bums me out.

On the other end of the spectrum, I’ve been enjoying a feisty little Cooper’s hawk who has been visiting my stretch of the Alewife Brook lately, giving me great views of its hunting technique. They are so fun to watch.

Liz
E Arlington

Sent from my miniature device.

Posted by: Liz Thorstenson <lizzylee...>

<*> Your email settings:
Individual Email | Traditional

<*> To change settings online go to:
(Yahoo! ID required)