Date: 2/10/19 8:04 pm
From: R Stewart <2cnewbirds...>
Subject: Re: [VTBIRD] Missisquoi NWR Bird Monitoring Walk Birds/MNWR x
Interesting, Ken. Feb 16 starts the 12th season for the Hildene Monthly
Surveys (Manchester, VT). With 132 surveys we have tallied 165 species.
Come join our group at 8 a.m. at the Visitor's Center if you are around the
Banana Belt on Sat. It would be interesting to compare lists. Must be a
way to do that in ebird???!

Ruth Stewart
E. Dorset

On Sun, Feb 10, 2019 at 8:36 PM Ken Copenhaver <copenhvr...> wrote:

> Join us for our monthly Bird Monitoring Walk at Missisquoi National
> Wildlife Refuge.
>
> This month's walk will be on Saturday February 16, 2019 on the Stephen
> Young Marsh Trail. Meet at 8:00 AM at the parking lot on Tabor Road, about
> 1 mile south of the refuge Visitor Center. If you have any questions,
> email me at <copenhvr...>
>
> The monthly walks gather long-term data on the presence of birds, their
> abundance, and changes in populations. The information we gather is entered
> into the Vermont e-Bird database where data is stored by the Cornell Lab of
> Ornithology. These walks are appropriate for all levels of birders and
> provide a wonderful opportunity to learn about birds throughout the
> seasons. Led by Ken Copenhaver and Julie Filiberti, Friends of Missisquoi
> National Wildlife Refuge board members.
>
> After 106 months of walks we have observed 158 species. Hope to see you
> there!
>
> *--> NOTE on possible government shutdown: *To the best of my knowledge,
> if another government shutdown would start at the end of this week, refuge
> trails will again be open, as they were during the last shutdown.
>
> --Ken Copenhaver
>
> For information on other refuge events, visit: http://friendsofmissisquoi.
> org/

Join us on Facebook!