Date: 2/10/19 6:02 pm
From: Katherine Kuckens via CTBirds <ctbirds...>
Subject: [CT Birds] Owls hooting all night in West Hartford
I was awakened around 10 last night by owls hooting. The sound was coming
from the same very tall old pine tree in our backyard, where we heard and
saw three large owls hooting last fall. We had some decent views of them at
that time and believe they were Great Horned Owls. We also have eastern
screech owls now and then.
Last night's opera seemed to be coming from three owls, back and forth to
each other. They would start hooting, in different tones, continue for
some minutes, then be quiet for 20 - 30 minutes before starting up again.
This happened over and over, all night, usually just at the moment when I
had gotten back to sleep. It was too cold for me to get up and walk out
there. But I will listen and watch for them tonight!

Kat Kuckens