Date: 2/10/19 5:36 pm
From: 'Andrea' via NHBirds <nhbirds...>
Subject: [NHBirds] Black Scoters and Shoveler
I see that others noticed the huge Black Scoter flock off of Hampton Harbor inlet today.

When we were there at noon today, we estimated 1200 Black Scoters (in three huge rafts) and saw only one Surf Scoter and 7 White-winged Scoters
with them. There were also about 120 Common Eider, 4 Long-tailed Ducks, and one Razorbill.

We had a female Northern Shoveler (hanging out with a drake Mallard) in the marsh off of Tide Mill Rd. It was doing its spinning around feeding technique.

A female Northern Harrier flew over us at Hampton Beach SP (was headed north) and probably was the same one we saw later off Landing Road.

There was a Peregrine Falcon sitting on the huge cross on the top of the Church on Rt 101.

Andrea and George Robbins
Pittsfield, NH

Sent from my iPad