Date: 2/10/19 5:24 pm
From: Arthur Shippee via CTBirds <ctbirds...>
Subject: [CT Birds] 11 RTHA - Orange to Westport Merritt, Feb 10, 2019
An unusual, at least to me, number of Red-tailed Hawks were roosting in plain view of the Merritt Parkway as we drove down this morning.

In the quarter hour before 9 AM, we counted 11 RTHA's roosting in trees along the north side of the highway, between the UNH Orange campus, a bit above the Sikorsky Bridge, and Exit 41 for Rt 33. (It got to be a game picking them out. The traffic was light, and Mary looked harder.)

Do others notice so many? Or, is there some hawk movement going on? Anyway, it was fun! Dawn sentinels guarding the road.

Arthur Shippee
Hamden