Date: 2/10/19 4:13 pm
From: Scott Bradley <m_scottbradley...> [NEBirds] <NEBirds...>
Subject: Re: [NEBirds] Finding rosy-finches.
What others are describing was similar to our recent experience on Old Henry road. They flew in around 3:30pm. Also, the cliff swallow nests were positioned on the Southeast cliff, perfect shield from Nebraska winds.

We were lucky in that some Starlings and the Golden Eagles kept flushing them to reveal their position on the cliff face. They blend in very well.

Scott Bradley, Omaha

Scott Bradley

Sent from my iPhone

> On Feb 10, 2019, at 5:19 PM, Ross Silcock <silcock...> [NEBirds] <NEBirds...> wrote:
>
> I think Sam’s onto something here. In Steve’s and my experience, the birds arrive at roost sites mid-afternoon, circle around a bit then dive into roost crannies or Cliff Swallow nests as at the Henry Rd site, and essentially disappear. I’m wondering if the sightings later in the day are the result of disturbance either by monument visitors or birders.
>

> Ross

Join us on Facebook!