Date: 2/10/19 2:28 pm
From: Jeff Bray <jbray4913...>
Subject: [OrangeCountyBirding] Highlights from the San Joaquin Marsh walk - 10 FEB
We had a small group of 9 people this morning brave the weather. Overall,
we had around 77 species. The Phainopepla was active and calling behind the
duck club. Lots of swallow and swift activity. They were quite noisy too,
making for a great learning experience for those that haven't seen or heard
swifts and swallows before. The Palm Warbler made a brief appearance on the
bank of Pond D.

The water level in Pond 1 'was very high, and Pond 2 was quite low. There
was a dead American White Pelican on Pond 2 as well. Overall, not a bad day
of birding, despite the weather.

List here with the species seen and/or heard:
https://ebird.org/view/checklist/S52563319

Cheers!