Date: 2/10/19 1:43 pm
Subject: Pine Siskin
Have had pine siskins around the feeders for the past three weeks or so.
Yesterday I counted about two dozen at one time.

Have also been delighted with a male mating yellow rumped warbler flashing
his blue / black coat. So cute. The yellow rumps seem to always be in
abundance here.

A Ruby crowned kinglet was eating the grape jelly and orange that I put out
for the oriels that I am trying to attract. I have never seen either one
of those here in my yard, but this is the first year I've spotted the
kinglet, so I am holding out hope for the oriels.

Lots of activity out there though. Seeing a pair of yellow bellied
sapsuckers, red bellied and downy woodpeckers, along with wrens, brown
headed nuthatch and blue Jays. Grackles and cowbirds stopping by along
with dozens of cardinals every day, wrens, titmouse, a pair of bluebirds
checking out the potential house, and more. Saw a towhee yesterday.

Went and saw the long tailed duck on O'Neal Rd today. So fun.

Thanks for all the great reports and information being posted!

Kimberly Miskiewicz
Raleigh, NC

Join us on Facebook!