Date: 2/10/19 1:20 pm
Subject: Cedar Waxwings
More than a dozen cedar waxwings arrived in one of our tulip trees. Just preening. This tree was cleared by cardinals of all flower seed heads, however our other tree is ready for the picking.

For at least the last 2 weeks about half dozen gold finches have been downing our thistle and sunflower hearts.

We count at any one time as many as 7 Baltimore Orioles, here since Thanksgiving. Wild Birds Unlimited is very happy to keep us in a supply of meal worms for the orioles as well as the wrens, bluebirds, cardinals, titmouse, and occasionally a yellow rump. Earlier in the year the Thrasher munched on the worms too, but not right now.

Our nearby pair of eagles hatched two fledgings about 2 weeks ago.

Sure seems like Spring may have an early arrival.

Pat and Jack Eckstine

Goose Creek Reservoir

Hanahan, SC

Join us on Facebook!