Date: 2/10/19 12:45 pm
From: Roger Schoedl via Groups.Io <rogerschoedl=<aol.com...>
Subject: [OrangeCountyBirding] Plumbeous Vireo
A couple weeks ago when I drove to North Lake Park in Irvine to see the Laughing Gull I noticed various streets in the vicinity were nicely lined with pines and an understory of shrubs. The pines were contiguous and well vegetated enough that I made a mental note to return and explore the area on foot.

I decided to try the area this morning and spent a couple hours roaming the area between Main, Harvard, Alton, and Culver. I started out with low expectations and found some stretches largely devoid of birds. I did encounter several pockets with birds, particularly at spots where the pines mixed with ficus or carrotwoods. The highlight of the morning was a PLUMBEOUS VIREO working the pines along the north side of Alton just west of Paseo Westpark.

It is possible these streets could yield up other interesting birds.

Roger Schoedl
Huntington Beach