Date: 2/10/19 11:56 am
From: Jim H <englishhaus...>
Subject: Duck Sightings, Allegheny Co.
Hello All,

This morning, Bob Mulvihill and I birded a few spots along the Allegheny
and Mon rivers in Allegheny Co. Rachel Carson Riverfront Park near
Springdale and Duck Hollow were the only locations that produced anything
of note. At Rachel Carson we had 7 species of ducks including a flyby drake
Long-tailed Duck (headed upriver toward New Kensington) and 4 American
Wigeon among the more common Goldeneye, Bufflehead, Canvasback, Wood Duck,
and Mallard. At Duck Hollow, we had Canvasback, Common Merganser, and
Lesser Scaup in stellar light. While we didn’t see much, it was a beautiful
(if a bit cold) day to be out birding with a good friend.

Cheers,
Jim Hausman
Allegheny Co.
--