Date: 2/10/19 10:36 am
From: Ethan Duke <ethan.duke...>
Subject: (No Sightings) Get Involved for Birds🐦🦅🦆🦉 and Pollinators🐝🐜!
Greetings MObirders,

Have you been looking for ways to get involved with bird conservation in our local communities? Participating with this year’s Birds and Bees Festival may be just the thing for you.

The Missouri River Bird Observatory is teaming up with the historic town of Arrow Rock to launch our first year of the Birds and Bees Festival  <https://mrbo.org/birds-and-bees-fest2019/>(https://mrbo.org/birds-and-bees-fest2019/ <https://mrbo.org/birds-and-bees-fest2019/>) and we need YOUR help! This Festival is a brand new event spearheaded by MRBO with the purpose of bringing awareness and enjoyment of Missouri’s birds, pollinators, and other wildlife to the general public in a super-fun setting.

The Birds and Bees Festival will be taking place in conjunction with Arrow Rock’s long standing Garden Show, which typically attracts several hundred visitors. The Birds and the Bees is a natural outgrowth of Garden Show, and we hope to have many booths, activities, informational sessions and games for all ages that showcase Missouri conservation. These will be spread out all down Arrow Rock’s Main Street and at the Arrow Rock State Historic Site Visitor Center.

Some of our most desired booths/activities are:
Live native animals
Hands on activities/demos
Educational workshops - for example: bird ID seminars, plant ID hikes
Educational booths - for example: native plants, pollinators, beekeeping
Nature games/activities for kids
Food - locally grown/conservation-oriented food
Vendors - those who wish to sell nature-related items with a conservation message (for-profit vendors have to agree to Arrow Rock’s contract)
Please visit https://mrbo.org/birds-and-bees-fest2019/ <https://mrbo.org/birds-and-bees-fest2019/> for more information on the event and how to get involved.

Thank you for your interest!

Ethan

Ethan C. Duke
Assistant Director / Co-founder
Missouri River Bird Observatory
www.mrbo.org
<http://mrbohappenings.blogspot.com/>
https://www.facebook.com/moriverbirdobs
660.837.3888 <http://mrbohappenings.blogspot.com/>

ABA Birding Code of Ethics
http://www.aba.org/about/ethics.html
ASM Spring Meeting: May 3-5, 2019 at Bunker Hill Retreat near Mountain View, MO