Date: 2/10/19 9:50 am
From: Jim Lyons <jflyons...> [ible] <ible-noreply...>
Subject: Re: [IBLE] Pine Siskins!
Tom -

Same thing on my FOY Pine Siskins yesterday. Caught them going and coming
on my morning walk to Hyde Park. I noted on my eBird checklist for the day
that I also had other flocks of finches, though strangely no American
Robins, European Starlings, or House Sparrows, in addition to other "sure
things". Blowing snow and cold temps, in my analysis, seemed to contribute
to the absences. (That's a data point of one of course!)

--
Jim Lyons
<jflyons...>

On Sun, Feb 10, 2019 at 10:38 AM 'Tom McCabe' <tmccabe9...> [ible] <
<ible-noreply...> wrote:

> Apparently the trail of bread crumbs and seeds that I put out from my
> house to Brian’s in Blackfoot has finally worked. Today I had my first Pine
> Siskin in ages. He didn’t stay long, but now I know they’re here. I’m
> hoping we’ll get the numbers we had a few years ago where they would eat
> out of my hand. ;-)
>
> Tom McCabe, Boise

Join us on Facebook!