Date: 2/10/19 9:23 am
From: Pam Hunt <biodiva...>
Subject: [NHBirds] Penacook, Sunday Feb 10: Barred Owl and Pine Grosbeaks

Greetings all,

I haven't checked the historic records, but the 31 species tallied this morning on my 10 km Penacook Survey may represent a new record for early February. Among the highlights was a Barred Owl flushed from the forest edge behind Murray's Greenshouses, and a flock of 13 Pine Grosbeaks that flew over at the northern edge of the "Vineyards" development along Bog Road. At the pond near 30 Pines there was a flock of 49 robins and one more Pine Grosbeak. Four species of waterfowl graced the open section of the Contoocook along River Road: Mallard, C. Goldeneye, and both Hooded and C. Mergansers.

Good Birding,
Pam Hunt, Penacook