Date: 2/10/19 9:20 am
From: Stella Miller <stella.miller63...>
Subject: Re: [nysbirds-l] Pileated Woodpecker, Shu Swamp, Nassau County
Wow.  I live right next door to Shu.  As I was walking to my car this morning, I heard what I thought was a pileated, drumming and calling. Saying to myself, "Dream on, baby" I dismissed my wishful thinking and continued on to the car. DOH!   Fingers crossed it discovers my feeders!
Stella Miller

"Conservation is sometimes perceived as stopping everything cold, as holding whooping cranes in higher esteem than people. It is up to science to spread the understanding that the choice is not between wild places or people, it is between a rich or an impoverished existence for Man." Thomas Lovejoy