Date: 2/10/19 8:52 am
From: 'Chris Edwards' via IA-BIRD <ia-bird...>
Subject: [ia-bird] Carolina Wrens
For the past two years I've enjoyed a resident pair of Carolina Wrens in our
yard and neighborhood. They were a welcome addition to our local avifauna,
especially in the winter when they visited our suet feeder and I heard their
trills and other vocalizations frequently. I haven't seen or heard them
since the extreme cold weather last week and I suspect they may have
perished. Has anyone else noticed a similar occurrence? Per the books
'Birds in Iowa' and 'The Iowa Breeding Bird Atlas,' populations in Iowa can
abruptly disappear during winters with prolonged heavy snow cover and low
temperatures.

Chris Edwards
Solon, IA