Date: 2/9/19 9:27 pm
From: Pete Sole <pete...>
Subject: [MBBIRDS] Immature Bald Eagle, others
Hi birders,

I did a bit of south county birding in the morning, before the rains hit
this afternoon . Birds of note included:

1 immature BALD EAGLE - I initially recorded it as a Golden Eagle but
even at the time was wondering about the id. After reviewing my images,
I now believe that it was an imm. Bald Eagle. Wonder if it was the same
bird that Lois and friends saw a few days ago near the intersection of
Watsonville Slough and San Andreas Rd., by a flooded field . Here is a
link to an image of the bird:

http://www.lighthousenet.com/photos/birds/documentary/eagle_bald_imm_190209a.jpg

1 WHITE BREASTED NUTHATCH. - Seen on the trees near table 22 at Pinto
Lake City park. No images of this bird, but likely the same bird that
has been sporadically recorded in the area. Nice to know it is still around.

1 MERLIN - Flying like a straight like a bullet at Pinto Lake City park.
My first one of the year.

All in all, some nice birding this morning.

Pete Sole'
Soquel, CA