Date: 2/9/19 7:26 pm
From: Gregg Goodrich <gregggoodrich...>
Subject: [cobirds] Pueblo Glaucous-winged Gull and Red-bellied Woodpecker
We traveled from the frigid north country of Denver to the tropical banana
belt of Pueblo this morning 2/9 with 2 target birds in mind,
Glaucous-winged Gull and Red-bellied Woodpecker. After missing both on our
first attempt we gathered intel from several other birders that were on a
similar quest. And were successful on our second attempts. Got some distant
photos of the Gull, but was able to get some fun flight shots. Though
nothing like Bill Maynard’s photos, it was a treat to get one of the shots
of Gull flying over the Great Black-backed Gull (affectionately known as
Murray). You can see it in the list below.

https://ebird.org/view/checklist/S52532965

The Red-bellied Woodpecker is a stunning bird with it’s blazing red nape
and barred back. It can be seen on the list below. We had it above the
gazebo at the Nature and Wildlife Center. Be sure to go to the 2nd
location of the Nature and Wildlife Center (also known as Coyote Grill)
down the hill and next to the river. There is a $5 parking fee.

https://ebird.org/view/checklist/S52524744

Gregg Goodrich
Highlands Ranch (cold north country)