Date: 2/9/19 1:06 pm
From: Ann and Eric via Groups.Io <motmots=<aol.com...>
Subject: [LACoBirds] Lawrence's Goldfinches, Baldwin Hills
Hello Birders,
This morning while I was changing the hummingbird feeders at Kenneth Hahn Park, I had 4 male Lawrence's Goldfinches feeding in the Sweet Alyssum on the south side of the garden. I watched them from 11:10 to 11:30. Sweet Alyssum is the 6 inch high plant with tiny white flowers.Eric and I have also had a single male Lawrence's feeding at our thistle feeders in the yard, along with up to 76 Lesser Goldfinches. Americans are pretty scarce, we may have the only yard that can boast more Lawrence's than Americans!The Hummingbird Garden is at Kenneth Hahn Park, follow the road to the top of the hill and park ($6 entry on weekends). The garden is just south of the parking lot.
Good Birding!Ann BrooksLos Angeles

-=-=-
Group Owner: LACoBirds+<owner...>
Unsubscribe: https://groups.io/g/LACoBirds/unsub [<lists...>]