Date: 2/9/19 12:17 pm
From: Oakes Plimpton <opoakes...> [arlingtonbirds] <arlingtonbirds-noreply...>
Subject: Re: [Arlington Birds] Jerrys Pit, Great Meadows
Folks: We just drove down there (turning around by Staples, traffic jam to the circle). People parked there (not birders). There they were — we counted six. Western shore. Seemed like they were just roosting (standing) though perhaps they fly up into trees for the night. As for Great Meadows, one can see good birds there! Brown Thrashers is one I remember (Spring). Tree Sparrows in the late fall. Early Red-wings. Occasional Harriers over the meadows. Once saw a Red Tail drop like a stone from an Oak by the pond onto a rodent! Woodcock Spring flights by the eastern edge of the Meadows! I have an argument with a friend that one should not bird by the List, rather choose the habitat or place you want to walk. For often the bird you read about will be gone by the time you get there. And maybe you will see a bird not listed in a new habitat. Of course there were the herons!
Regards, Oakes

Posted by: Oakes Plimpton <opoakes...>

<*> Your email settings:
Individual Email | Traditional