Date: 2/9/19 12:03 pm
From: Wes Fritz <wes-fritz...>
Subject: [sbcobirding] Black Road flooded field
SB Birders,

I made a trip up to Santa Maria to look for the Tropical Kingbird that I heard a couple days ago on Furukawa Way, I did not see any kingbirds.
It is still a little muddy on the west side of Black Road for parking, but you still can park there safely.
Today I missed the Crane again, but invested little effort. They have cut the tall weeds/grass in the back fields where I have seen it on 2 visits. This flooded field has a great turnover of birds. Today 16 Sanderlings, down to 2 Snow Geese, 4 Bufflehead in the mix of ducks. A good number of gulls were hanging out. I saw 2 Glaucous-winged Gulls a Gull that looked very much like a Thayer’s along with all the previous mentioned birds.

Good birding.

Wes Fritz
805 895 0685
<wes-fritz...>