Date: 2/8/19 6:54 pm
From: Dika Golovatchoff <digolov...>
Subject: [sbcobirding] Friday morning Audubon walk: Lake Los Carneros
This morning Dolores Pollock and David Levashev led a rather large group
around the park, with Guy Tingos lending his expertise as well. We had a
nice assortment of birds, noted the paucity of ducks - though we did see 3
Ring-necked Ducks (which actually have rings around their bills, not their
necks.) An unusual sighting was a White-throated Sparrow on the ground
right at the beginning. We had nice views of a Cooper's Hawk and the
resident White-tailed Kites. For me the highlight was the sizeable flock
of Cedar Waxwings which are often present in the area but I had never seen
any at such close range. They were actively feeding on berries of Toyon
bushes. My eBird checklist is at: https://ebird.org/view/checklist/S52505701
and Flickr photos are at:
https://www.flickr.com/photos/digolov

Dika Golovatchoff, Santa Barbara