Date: 2/6/19 7:29 pm
From: Ted Floyd <tedfloyd57...>
Subject: [cobirds] High Plains Snow Goose Festival, Lamar, Prowers County, THIS WEEKEND
Hey, all.

It's early February. It's snowing. It's cold. That means it's time for the
annual High Plains Snow Goose Festival <https://highplainssnowgoose.com/>,
based out of Lamar, Prowers County. The festival begins tomorrow, Thursday,
Feb. 7, and runs through the weekend. I absolutely love this time of year
down there. Although it's decidedly still winter, signs of spring abound:
big flocks of Mountain Bluebirds roaming about, Northern Cardinals singing
their heads off, Greater Roadrunners cooing from south-facing outcroppings,
the first Cinnamon Teals, Sandhill Cranes on the move, and, on sunny
afternoons, mourning cloak butterflies and oblique-lined tiger beetles.
With so many birders down there, it's a guarantee we'll find a rarity or
three, especially in the notorious Black Hole of Baca County. Oh, and one
other thing: the keynote address. I don't want to give it all away, but I'm
told there will be never-before-seen footage of state police sting
operations, pants-crappifyingly horrific arthropods, and mega blowout death
parties at Boulder Reservoir. See tease below.

I hope to see many of you in and around Lamar!

Ted Floyd
Lafayette, Boulder County

P.s. White-winged Dove singing yesterday, Feb. 5, at Boulder Creek at 75th
Street, Boulder County. They have White-winged Doves in Lamar, too.

[image: 101 Snow Goose Festival.png]

[image: 102 Snow Goose Festival.png]

[image: 103 Snow Goose Festival.jpg]

[image: 104 Show Goose Festival.png]