Date: 2/6/19 6:26 pm
From: Wes Fritz <wes-fritz...>
Subject: [sbcobirding] Black Road SMV
SB Birders,
Black Road is open again with good parking on the west side of Black Rd. The Sandhill Crane is still present for those that are still interested. I have seen it 2 times out of 7 trips/drive bys, but I have not looked for it too hard.
Also seen today was 7 Snow Geese, 2 Canada Geese, 5 Green-winged Teal, 6 American Wigeon, many Cinnamon Teal and Mallards, Garbled Modwits, Dowitchers, one Willet, W Snipe, L Sandpipers, WT Kites, RT Hawks one Ferruginous Hawk. A nice mix of Gulls, but I could not find any stand outs.
Last Friday, Feb 1st this field had 6 Sanderlings and 3 Glaucous-winged Gulls along with a large variety of Gulls. These fields are having a good turn over of birds, so if you are birding the SMV try to make a couple visits.
Also, this afternoon I was over near Stowell and Blosser I saw two Cassin’s Kingbirds and I heard what I believe was a Tropical Kingbird call twice, back to back. There are a few trees with berries on Furukawa Way ( is the actual location where the kingbirds were seen) If anybody happens to be over that way please look for this bird. I plan on returning Friday afternoon or Saturday morning.

Good birding.

Wes Fritz
805 895 0685
<wes-fritz...>