Date: 2/6/19 3:53 pm
From: James O'Brien <jphillipobrien...>
Subject: [JERSEYBI] Red Bank Birds
At Marine Park today around 2pm I had a curious sight. Four ring necked ducks, 6 hoodies, 12 bufflehead and a lone coot were pinned up against the marina behind the fish shack. Scanning across the river I spotted an adult bald eagle atop the wpower pole. The ducks eventually moved off to the east when 4 canvasback flew by. Got great looks at 3 drakes and one female! They flew out to the east but circled and put down near Fair Haven. They landed to a flock of about 24 other birds who could also be canvasback or maybe ring-necked.

Also on Monday had a peregine pair atop the medical center, underneath the R in Riverview.

Great birding,
James
Red Bank

Sent from my iPhone