Date: 2/6/19 2:32 pm
From: Florence Sanchez via Groups.Io <sanchezucsb11=<yahoo.com...>
Subject: [sbcobirding] TK BEHIND CHASE PALM PARK
The Tropical Kingbird reported by others is still hanging around the railroad tracks behind Chase Palm Park.  I saw it around 11:30 today along with a Cassin's Kingbird as well.  Both birds seem to prefer the fairly new landscaping behind the Estero sewage treatment facility (the area between the spiky wrought iron fence and the black chain link fence).
Be aware of the Amtrak schedule as trains are supposed to come through around 11:40 a.m.
I also walked over to the Mission Creek outfall.  I counted 178 Black Skimmers resting on the sand along with 5 species of gull:  Western, California, Ring-billed, Mew, and Heerman's (one adult in the middle of the Skimmer flock).  The Skimmer total was higher than the 144 Skimmers I had here last Wednesday.
Florence Sanchez

View/Reply Online (#28422): https://sbcobirding.groups.io/g/main/message/28422
-=-=-
-=-=-