Date: 2/6/19 8:54 am
From: Eric Feuss <ericfeuss...>
Subject: [MBBIRDS] Northern Race Red-breasted Sapsucker at Anna Jean Cummings Park
Yesterday, around 4 PM, a Red-breasted Sapsucker was in the young sycamores
around the bathrooms at Anna Jean Cummings Park.

Of interest is that this individual (adult) was the northern race (ruber)
and appeared not to be an intergrade - a nice match to race characteristics.

I have not seen this individual earlier, so am not sure it will have stayed
around. Its presence is probably storm related. However, I could be wrong.

I had no means on me at time for taking a picture (not there for birding).

Happy Birding,

Eric Feuss (Soquel)