Date: 2/5/19 7:09 pm
From: charlie hornung <chazz225...>
Subject: [IN-BIRD-L] Pileated wood pecker
On Front Street in Utica. Also, observed an Immature eagle from my house on the berm across the street that overlooks a quarry pit on Utica Pike to the West, and the Ohio River to the East. Lots of House Sparrows, Starlings, Rock Doves, Robins, Mourning Doves, Cardinals, White Crowned/Throated Sparrows. Along with Smaller numbers of Blue Jays, Red Wing Blackbirds, Carolina Chickadees, House Finches, Downy woodpeckers (m-f), Red Bellied Woodpeckers(m-f), Red Tail Hawks, Red Shoulder Hawks. There is a Red shoulder(Imm), that has allowed me on several occasions when I am walking the dog or for exercise to get extremely close. Pretty cool. Brown Headed Cowbirds, Carolina Wrens, A. Crows. In the cove behind me that leads to the Ohio River: C. Geese, DC Cormorants, Blue Herons, Mallards, Hooded and Common Mergansers. Still seeing a Red Breasted Nuthatch that has been here since November. Saw Wild Turkeys while traveling today too.
Charlie Hornung,
Clark County,
Utica

Sent from my iPad