Date: 2/5/19 6:31 pm
From: David Arbour <arbour...>
Subject: Two Crested Caracaras at Red Slough today!
I had 2 Crested Caracaras at Red Slough this evening as I was leaving. I
was heading north on Sand Road (formerly Paschal Lane) when a caracara came
flying from the NW over unit 4 and crossed the road in front of me and went
into unit 8. I quickly turned around and headed back to Black Land Road and
caught up with the bird flying low over the trees in unit 8. Suddenly it
dipped down real low into the trees and flushed out a 2nd caracara that was
perched in the trees. Then both birds climbed high in the sky chasing each
other off to the west. Then one turned south toward the river bridge on
Highway 259 and the other continued westward. I think this is the 8th and
9th birds of this species I have seen at Red Slough.

David Arbour

De Queen, AR

Join us on Facebook!